The ~ Snackamari ~ experience as of now:
- each level is centered around a key ingredient (e.g. strawberries, chocolate, etc.), with the first being key baking ingredients (e.g. flour, sugar, butter, eggs)
- within each level, multiple recipes can be made (e.g. cookies, cakes, pies, and other treats)
- to complete a recipe, the player has to accumulate a certain size (whether within a time limit or not)
- a recipe’s completion is scored based on:
- size requirement
- ratio of ingredients according to recipe
- “purity” (with “impure” ingredients being those not in the recipe)
We were really challenged to think of ways to encourage continuous rolling rather than cherry-picking, which would take away from the satisfying experience of freely rolling up items in your path. In addition, we want the ratio- and purity- based scoring to be fair, logical, and forgiving.
The two of us are very excited to see where Snackamari goes!